The bizcochos de Moya are a very popular dessert from Gran Canaria. It is a specialty of the Villa de Moya, in the north of Gran Canaria. They are ideal for tea time. I share how to prepare this very appetizing dessert.
- A dozen eggs.
- 3 eggs yolks.
- 400 grams (0,88 pounds) of sugar.
- 1/2 kg. (1,10 pounds) of flour.
- 1 lemon (great).
- Difficulty: medium.
- Time of preparation: 30 minutes.
- Cooking time: 1 hour.
Preparation, step by step
- Beat the egg until stiff.
- Add the sugar bit by bit beating.
- Add the yolks while beating.
- Add the flour (and the grated lemon in the bizcochos de Moya mixing it all well).
- When the dough is well mixed and beaten, it is put into the moulds (a piece rectangular and steel) with parchment paper in the bottom.
- Inn each one, add dough so that it occupies less than half (as it will rise).
- Immediatly, they must be put into the oven, which is previously heated to a temperature of 175ºC – 200ºC (347ºF – 392ºF), until they rise (approximately for half an hour to 45 minutes). This is all.
Happy bizcochos de Moya.
Lustred bizcochos de Moya
More. The bizcochos de Moya can have a lustred top (see photographs). I explain how it is done:
- 7 eggs.
- 400 gr (0,88 pounds) of sugar.
For the preparation of bizcochos de Moya with lustre, the egg are beaten until stiff the greated lemon and sugar added while still beating.
When compact, the bizcochos de Moya should be smeared with the liquid and they should again be put in the oven until meringue top becomes hard.
Happy lustred bizcochos de Moya.