Located in the southeast of the Tenerife within 30 kms. of all the southern resorts and 64 kms. from the capital of Santa Cruz, Tenerife South airport is a modern, busy international airport handling over 8 million passengers a year. Tuesdays and Fridays are the busiest days when multiple flights arrive hourly from the Europe and UK.
There are masses of parking spaces, a drop-off zone and free parking for the first half hour. Hire cars from all the car hire companies based within the airport have their own parking spaces alongside the public spaces. Luggage trolleys are free and plentiful. Benches, gardens and children’s play areas outside the terminal building allow departing visitors to catch the sun’s rays right up until the last minute.
- Non-smoking throughout.
- Access for disabled throughout with clearly identified staff on hand to assist with needs and information request points.
- Reserved parking and seating areas.
- Check-in lounge – Caja Canarias Bank with money exchange (Mon-Fri 8.30am-2pm; Thurs 5pm-8pm).
- Santander and Clave card ATM cash dispensers.
- Car hire from Cicar, Avis, Autoreisen, Hertz, Goldcar, Tui and Europcar in arrivals hall.
- Public pay phones which accept cards and/or cash – you can purchase 3€ and 5€ PIN for cheaper calls abroad.
- Electronic arrivals and departures boards throughout.
- Flights are not called.
- Health and Safety announcements are in English as well as Spanish.
- Several lots of toilets in arrivals, check-in and departures lounges.
- Baggage wrap.
- Tourist information booth (Mon-Fri 9.00 am -7.00 pm; Sat 9.00 am -12.00 noon) in check-in lounge.
- VIP lounge and Chapel on 1st floor check-in lounge – boarding cards required.
- Post office with mobile ‘phone charging facility (Mon-Fri 8.30 am – 2.30 pm; Sat 9.30 am-1.00 pm) in check-in lounge.
In the check-in lounge are a well stocked pharmacy; gifts and luggage shops; large newsagents; perfume and cigarettes and a large pick n mix sweets store. Once through check-in, there are enough shops to fill a small mall including a large duty free; Canarian food produce; sweets; Swarosky jewellers; gift shops; florist; fashion (adult & kids) and shoe shops.
Check-in Lounge. Cafe Ritazza and Cafe Select with fresh juices; coffees; sandwiches; pastries and beers; Burger King (11.00 am -7.00 pm).
There are a wide variety of eateries in the departure lounge although some have limited opening hours on the airport’s non-busy days and for night flights.
Getting to and from Tenerife South
Taxi ranks outside new arrivals hall – (0034) 922 709 009.
- Los Cristianos 20.91€.
- Playa de Las Américas 23.05€.
- Callao Salvaje 32.68€.
- Los Gigantes (Playa Santiago) 50.87€.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife – 70.13€.
- La Laguna 75.48€.
- Puerto de la Cruz 101.16€.
Buses from outside arrivals hall:
- Line number 111 to Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas (change for Los Gigantes zone).
- Line number 340 to Puerto de la Cruz and North Airport (La Laguna zone).
Big, bright and well run airport with loads of shops and places to eat to pass the time. Don’t wait until you get to the airport to buy your duty free cigarettes and booze though, you’ll find them cheaper at your resort if you shop around.